Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Weights and Shakes

Merry Christmas! Regardless if you don't celebrate this holiday I hope that you have a blessed day! 

Due to my indecisiveness and lack of creativity I dealt with when creating my blog, I have finally set on a name for my domain - Woohoo! So we are going with 'Weights and Shakes' after spending sleepless nights lying in bed trying to think, think, think, and..... nothing..... For me, when I first started out in a gym setting, working out was kind of intimidating because I didn't want to look stupid or as if I didn't know what I was doing (especially with all those guys in the free weight area!). When I began looking for a trainer of my own, I wanted someone who could tell me all there was about free weights - it was kind of an obsession, and if we've worked out together you know, it still kind of is.... I love the feel of the weights in my hands and being able to be creative with my exercises to obtain the results I want. I also LOVE it when I see someone mimicking the exercise I was just doing or stopping and asking me questions. Replication is the biggest compliment. 

I believe that proper supplementation is also key to obtaining results and can also play a key role in muscle recovery. Diet is going to be the biggest factor in getting the results you want - and supplements are something to enhance workouts, as well as, to assist in results and recovery. Drinking a protein shake after working out will help your muscles heal after getting a great muscle tear in the weight room. I am also a big fan of amino acids - which again are the building blocks for muscle and aide in recovery. I admit I love to be sore after a workout, but I don't like to be sore for too long. There are a lot of different proteins and supplements available so it's finding the ones that work best for you and your fitness goals. No matter what a salesman may recommend in the supplement shop, always take a look at the ingredients and nutritional labels. Keep in mind, we do want to trust their professional opinion and pick their brains, but at the end of the day they are running a business. So they may recommend something that might not be the most expensive, but it could be the most profitable for their company.

Make sure you know what you are putting into your body and what effects it may have. You can also check reviews online just to make sure. Investigation is not a bad thing. 

Take care of your body, it is the only place you have to live. So make it the best place!

No comments:

Post a Comment