Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Success Story of Thomas Phillips


We write our success stories to let everyone know how they got to their desired goal and to help influence others into hitting their goals as well. Here is the success story of Thomas Phillips in his own words:
So to start my story, I will state that my name is Thomas Phillips and my occupation is Combat Controller Trainee for the US Air Force. To be qualified for this job you have to pass a physical endurance and strength test called the PAST TEST.  This test you have to swim underwater 25 meters twice, swim 500 meters nonstop under a time limit, run a mile and a half under a time limit, then finish the test by doing a certain number of pull ups, sit ups, and push ups.  Before I met Ashley Ryan passing that test was just a goal and the 500 meter swim felt like it was unattainable because I knew very little about swimming.  So I purchased some pool sessions with Ashley and I have well exceed the standards in PAST test especially the swim.  She is an exceptional trainer because she identified the problems I had with swimming by watching me swim and then she coached me to assist in correcting them. She also addressed any issues I felt necessary to swim faster and with more ease when I was in the pool.  Ashley gave me exercises to do keep my posture and technique at its best, which helps me swim a lot faster and not be as tired by the end of my 500 meter swim. Lastly, everybody in life pushes themselves to their goals, but sometimes they hit a point where they stop trying so hard. When I was training with Ashley she would not let me give up and talk me out of my negativity. When we were working together, I would often get discouraged because I felt like I wasn't doing it correctly, but I would catch my breathe and she was there telling me to do it again keep pushing - she would not let me give up. 

THOMAS PHILLIPS

No comments:

Post a Comment