Friday, January 25, 2013

It's a little bit of a Juicing Frenzy

Okay, so in all seriousness, I get teased that Sprouts is my favorite grocery store and yes, I get really excited when I go grocery shopping and for when I am planning out my meals for the week. It may sound a little bit ridiculous, but when you get the results you're looking for coming from the combination of the foods you eat and your exercise agenda - it's really exciting. I will also admit that my birthday was this week and I had a few more cheat meals than I typically do, but that's not going to last for long because I enjoy feeling and looking the best I can. (Really who doesn't?)

So the other week, I had some troubles with the first juicer I purchased. I think I may have been a little bit on a juicing frenzy and just shoved as many fruits and vegetables as I could in my juicer and *POOF* it went up in smoke. Unbeknownst to me, this was a great thing, because I invested in my all time favorite kitchen appliance... my Blendtec Blender. This sucker can do almost ANYTHING. I make juice everyday and it doesn't have any waste or pulp which allows me to get the most bang for my buck when I'm grocery shopping. Being Paleo for almost a month now, it also allows me to create foods that meet my needs. You can make soups, batters, almond butter (YUM!), ice cream, smoothies, and seriously anything else you could possibly imagine. I'm seriously in love with this thing.


When I wake up, I love getting a straight shot of essential nutrients, vitamins, and fiber in the morning. So today I indulged with some juice I made from beets, an orange, kiwi, pineapple, cucumber, and tons of spinach. Fruits and veggies will give you an extra boost of energy when you begin to consume more. It's truly amazing the power of what you eat and how it affects you.

If you have more questions on the Blendtec blender you can check out the link right here. It's a little pricey, but it is definitely worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment